Started a new light box today for a group show in June! The concept of this show is to interpret the painting below how ever you'd like.
OK everyone, I’m really dang excited about my new soldering exhaust set up! If you’re not interested in stained glass soldering exhaust systems I would definitely skip this entire post. If you’re interested in setting up your own soldering station at home, you should read this! I spent a lot of time researching the perfect exhaust and I couldn’t be happier. I decided to go with this set up below, all available on Amazon (I linked each image to their amazon page). It was really important to me get the hobby kit extension because it allowed me to make the gap out my window smaller. The plastic hobby hose is extremely sturdy and holds it shape well. It was definitely more expensive than just a regular aluminum foil vent but I will be using it often and I think it was worth the extra couple bucks. I also chose to go with the grower exhaust fan because it is really quiet, can be taken apart easily and has a built in base making it a bit sturdier than the other ones i’ve seen online.
Here’s my most recent panel - I’ve been keeping this one under wraps because it was a surprise BUT i just spilled the beans! This panel references a quick lil sketch I finished a few months back.
For those of you who don’t know, last year I started up a rug side project called UnderToe SF. It’s been slow moving but rewarding. I’ve been working on the rug pictured below for over a year. Hundreds of hours later i am still not finished! I apologize, rug makers of the world, for thinking I can jump into something like this so effortlessly.
One of my favorite things to tell people about this project is that all the yarn included in this latch hook rug is second-hand or recycled. I’ve been lucky enough to find 100% mothproofed wool, but because its second-hand and out of production, slight discoloration has occurred. In this sense it seems to have driven my color palette.
So... I’m almost done with my new panel 😬 just need to cap the sides, solder and putty 🙃